This change allows us to meet the increasing costs associated with processing applications from around 35,000 educators annually. It also keeps educator licensing fees in Wisconsin low relative to other states and other professions in Wisconsin.
Educators continue to be able to apply for or renew more than one license with only one fee when applied for at the same time.
The current fees are:
- Special Education Aide: $100
- Initial and Professional Educator (in-state or renewal): $125
- Emergency License/Permit: $100*
- Charter: $125
- Out-of-State* Educator: $175
- Three-Year Substitute Permit: $125
- Master Educator via the Wisconsin Master Educator Assessment Process (WMEAP): $275
- Master Educator Renewal via the WMEAP Renewal: $275
*Note: The fee for Emergency Licenses and Permits will remain at the previous level of $100 until March 31, 2016, to make it easier for districts to use the data from their license audit reports to ensure that all educators properly licensed. Starting April 1, 2016, the fee will be $125.