DPI Logo

DPI Logo

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How do I get an emergency license for an educator who moves to Wisconsin and has not completed required tests?

You can't.  Emergency licenses can only be issued to educators who already hold a valid Wisconsin license.  The emergency license allows them to teach in a different subject area and/or grade level than their existing license.

Wisconsin used to issue one-year non-renewable licenses to out-of-state educators who had not completed our testing requirements.  That practice was stopped a few years ago because our legal counsel advised that neither statute nor rule provided authority to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment