DPI Logo

DPI Logo

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Can licensed educator work as special ed aide?

Q: We have hired someone who has a counselor license but will be working as a special education aide.  Can they work with the counselor license, or do they need to apply for a special education aide license?

A: An educator with a valid teacher, administrator, or pupil services license can work in a special education program aide position with their current license and be considered Highly Qualified.

No comments:

Post a Comment